Every kilometer counts!
Statute of the competition "Every kilometer counts!"
- This statute describes the announcement, implementation and reward principles for the Estonian University of Life Sciences’ walking and cycling competition „Every kilometer counts!” (hereinafter ‘the competition’).
- The competition aims to promote walking and cycling on the EMÜ campus, in the city of Tartu and elsewhere, and to credit our cyclists and walkers. Distances cycled and walked for sport or training will also count.
- The competition will take place from September 7 to October 4 at 11:59 pm.
- The competition is open to all EMÜ students and staff.
- The competition is based on honesty.
- Enrolling in the competition will take place on the green initiative’s homepage at https://www.emu.ee/en/about-the-university/green-university/every-kilometer-counts/
- Distances cycled and walked will be calculated individually. To participate in the prize draw, a minimum distance of 50 kilometers must be covered. You can only enter the competition if your Endomondo wall is open to everyone.
- Calculation and ranking of the results will take place online, in the Endomondo environment, and the results will be published on the EMÜ green initiative homepage.
- The competition is organised by the EMÜ green initiative.
The race is calculated in an Endomondo environment, which makes it easy and convenient to record your distances.
The calculation is divided into two:
1. participants who walk enter kilometers HERE
2. participants who cycle enter kilometers HERE
To participate, you must:
1. register in our website;
2. sign up in an Endomondo environment.
In case you have a smartphone it's easier to get Endomondo app, which will do most of the work. If you can't navigate with your smartphone, you can also manually enter kilometers on the Endomondo website.
Always make sure that Walking, Running or Walking (Treadmill) are selected as a mode when entering kilometers into Endomondo. When you're entering a bicyle competition, you must select Cycling (Indoor), Cycling (Sport) or Cycling (Transport) as a mode of entering kilometers.
To participate in the prize draw, a minimum distance of 50 kilometers must be covered.