- Admission procedure for level studies
- Veterinary Medicine
- Landscape Architecture
- Environmental Governance and Adaptation to Climate Change
- Planning and Analysis in Multifunctional Forestry
- Doctoral Studies
- Exchange studies
- Courses in English for exchange students
Bachelor's and Master's studies at the Estonian University of Life Sciences
Please find below general information regarding admission to English-taught bachelor's and master's programmes at the Estonian University of Life Sciences (EMU). To find information about Doctoral level studies, please go to: Doctoral Studies.
We don’t offer programmes in English at Bachelor level. All programmes at Bachelor level and most of the programmes at Master level are taught in Estonian and you must meet the level B2 requirements for Estonian proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). We don’t offer Estonian language preparatory course.
In English we do offer a Bachelor’s and Master’s combined programme „Veterinary Medicine“ with 6 years being the official study period https://www.emu.ee/en/admissions/veterinary-medicine/
We currently offer following full English-language degree programmes at Master level:
* Landscape Architecture (Master's studies) https://www.emu.ee/en/admissions/landscape-architecture/
* Environmental Governance and Adaptation to Climate Change (joint Master's programme of EMÜ and University of Tartu) https://www.emu.ee/en/admissions/environmental-governance-and-adaptation-to-climate-change/
* Planning and Analysis in Multifunctional Forestry (Master's studies) https://www.emu.ee/en/admissions/planning-and-analysis-in-multifunctional-forestry/
NB! For 2024/2025 academic year admission, the university has decided that a citizen of the Russian Federation or Belarus who cannot apply for a long-stay visa or residence permit for the purposes of studies in compliance with the procedures in force or does not have a valid legal basis to stay in Estonia until the end of the nominal period of study of the study programme cannot apply to the Estonian University of Life Sciences. The legislation in force can be found here.
Based on the former, the DreamApply application system is closed to candidates from the Russian Federation and Belarus. In case the candidate has a valid legal basis for staying in Estonia until the end of the nominal study period of the study programme of interest, please send the proof document to firstname.lastname@example.org to be given instructions on how to apply for the studies.
General application procedure - step by step guide
NOTE! The Estonian University of Life Sciences has intake only once a year – for the autumn semester!