Applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in business management, economics or related fields from a recognized and accredited university. In order to qualify for the studies at the Estonian University of Life Sciences, an applicant has to have at least 60% of the highest possible CGPA during his/her last studies.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree or professional Bachelor’s degree in other specialties are expected to have basic knowledge in management and economics and be prepared to undertake extra self-learning.
What qualities do we expect from applicants?
We expect our applicants to share an interest in
- agricultural and food systems
- sustainable bioeconomy
- business development
- management practices
- curiosity for intercultural experiences
- building international networks
The application fee is 100 EUR (non-refundable). The application fee is required to facilitate the admissions process and will not be refunded, regardless of the admission result. The application will be reviewed and receive feedback only after the university has received the application fee.
The mandatory admission requirement is a case study analysis.
Case study analysis consists of a written and an oral part. The written assignment will be sent one hour before the interview to the email address indicated by the applicant and the applicant will fill in the written part of the analysis within a given time frame. The written part of the admission test consists of multiple-choice questions and open questions.
The oral part is conducted as an interview (usually over Skype). There are additional questions about the case study as well as general questions about applicants' academic goals and motivation.
The case study used in the admission test is in the field of agricultural economics and policy. The admission test measures the candidate's written and oral skills, and knowledge in the agriculture-related Business and economics.
The time of the interview and practical arrangements will be discussed individually by e-mail. NB! Please have your passport at hand during the interview.
In total, it is possible to collect 10 admission points: 5 points for the written part and 5 points for the interview.
The applicants wanting to pursue full-time studies at Master’s level are required to present the following documents:
- Completed application form (in Dream Apply);
- Copy of their secondary school leaving certificate (applicants from non-EU countries). The copy must be certified by the issuing school or certified with an Apostille (please see also our country-specific requirements);
- Copy of Bachelor's degree diploma together with the Transcript of Records/Diploma Supplement. Copies must be certified by the institution awarding the degree or certified with an Apostille (please see also our country-specific requirements). Certified translations of documents into English are required if original documents are not in English or Estonian);
- Proof of English language proficiency (see below);
- Copy of identification pages of the Passport;
- One passport-size photo signed on the back.
Please bear in mind that applicants for the international Master’s program are required to prove their English language proficiency by submitting one of the following certificates:
- A recent* TOEFL Certificate: only internet-based test scores are accepted, with the minimum score being 60. The result must be sent directly to the University by the Educational Testing Service. TOEFL designated institution code for the Estonian University of Life Sciences is 7708.
- Or a recent* IELTS Certificate: minimum score: 6.0;
- Or a recent* PTE (academic): minimum score 51).
- Or a recent* First Certificate in English of the University of Cambridge;
- Or, in the case of previous studies in English, the diploma together with a transcript of records, where the medium of instruction is specified.
*no more than five years old.
Paper copies of documents, incl. the printed, dated and signed application form should be sent to the following postal address:
Estonian University of Life Sciences
Department of Academic Affairs
Fr. R. Kreutzwaldi 1
The university has the right to send applicants’ educational documents to the Estonian ENIC/NARIC Centre for evaluation. The function of candidates’ previous qualification(s) (formal access to further study) will be evaluated, depending on what level of the curriculum the candidate applies to. For more information, please visit the Estonian ENIC/NARIC Centres’ homepage.
The procedure may take up to 30 days starting from the day that the applicant's paper documents arrive at the university. The evaluation decision is made available to the candidate in the online application system DreamApply. The decision will include a short explanation based on an analysis of the educational system of the country the diploma has been issued in. If not satisfied with the result of the evaluation, the candidate has the right to appeal the decision. In order to appeal the decision, the applicant shall send a written reasoned appeal along with additional documents to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. The appeal has to be submitted within 7 days starting from the date the decision was published on DreamApply.
Deadline for online applications and posting the paper documents
for EU – May 31, 2021
for non-EU – May 10, 2021
July 15 is the deadline for late documents of students who applied on time and notified the university about the delay of the documents. Please notice that no new applications are accepted after the deadlines indicated above.
The final decision about admittance will be announced at the latest on:
EU countries – June 14, 2021.
non-EU countries – May 24, 2021.
Applicants graduating in spring/summer and having their diplomas issued later than application deadline (in July, for example) should send their most recent official Transcript of Records by the indicated deadline, along with the rest of the required documents. Please inform our admission service when the diploma will be issued (email@example.com).
In case of questions regarding application documents, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org