Admission information for Ph.D. degree-seeking students
Estonian University of Life Sciences offers five Ph.D. programmes. The doctoral studies cover four years leading to the award of a degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.).
There are no tuition fees for Ph.D. students in full-time studies. However, for part-time students applies tuition fee of 50 EUR for each semester.
All institutes have a number of Ph.D. study places financed by Estonian state. Candidates can apply only for appointed research topics which are linked with a certain study place. Admitted students receive a monthly scholarship of 660 EUR.
1. Applicant must hold Master's degree or a corresponding level of education.
2. Before submitting an application for Ph.D. studies you need to find a prospective supervisor. If you need help finding a contact and prospective supervisor, please contact the Doctoral School at firstname.lastname@example.org. To find more information about research priorities and supervisors, turn to our university website and the Estonian Research Portal.
3. When the institute/department confirms their ability to accommodate your research topic and you have found a supervisor, you may send in your application package.
List of documents to be submitted
1. Completed application form at http://www.estonia.dreamapply.com./
2. Doctoral thesis project - recognized by the supervisor at Estonian University of Life Sciences
3. Academic curriculum vitae (CV)
4. Copy of the passport page stating the applicant´s personal particulars
5. Official copy of the diploma and diploma supplement (transcript of records/ mark sheet) of the preceding study levels* in the original language. Official documents must be provided from institution awarding the degree or certified with an Apostille.
6. Official translation of the diplomas and diploma supplements into English
7. One of the following language certificates:
A recent TOEFL Certificate: only internet-based test scores are accepted, with the minimum score being 61. The result must be sent directly to the University by the Educational Testing Service. TOEFL designated institution code for the Estonian University of Life Sciences is 7708.
A recent IELTS Certificate: minimum score: 5.0;
A recent First Certificate in English of the University of Cambridge;
An official certificate from the higher educational establishment where the applicants has successfully completed a minimum of 1 year (60 credits), be it secondary or higher education, where the medium of instruction was English.
*candidates from non-EU countries: required are also certified copies of secondary school leaving certificate and transcript.
Documents must be sent via http://www.estonia.dreamapply.com and via regular post to:
Estonian University of Life Sciences
The university has the right to send candidates’ educational documents to the Estonian ENIC/NARIC Centre for evaluation. The function of candidates’ previous qualification(s) (formal access to further study) will be evaluated, depending on what level of curriculum the candidate applies to. For more information, please visit the Estonian ENIC/NARIC Centres’ homepage.
The procedure may take up to 30 days starting from the day that candidates’ paper documents arrive to us. The evaluation decision is made available to the candidate in the online application system DreamApply. The decision will include a short explanation based on an analysis of the educational system of the country the diploma has been issued in. If not satisfied with the result of the evaluation, the candidate has the right to appeal the decision. In order to appeal the decision, the applicant shall send a written reasoned appeal along with additional documents to the e-mail address email@example.com. The appeal has to be submitted within 7 days starting from the date the decision was uploaded to DreamApply.
Deadline for candidates who obtained MSc qualification outside Estonia: July 1st, 2019.