The application fee is 100 EUR (non-refundable). The application fee is required to facilitate the admissions process and will not be refunded, regardless of the admission result. The application will be reviewed and receive feedback only after the university has received the application fee. Applicants who have completed previous study level in Estonia or have Estonian citizenship are exempted from the application fee.
Applicants must support their application with a portfolio of examples of design project work. Additional interview (usually over BigBlueButton) is also required. The time of the interview will be arranged individually by e-mail.
In total is possible to collect 10 admission points: 5 points for the portfolio and 5 points for the interview.
The applicants wanting to pursue full-time studies at the Master’s level are required to present the following documents:
- Completed application form (in Dream Apply)
- Copy of their secondary school leaving certificate (from non-EU countries). The copy must be certified by the issuing school or certified with an Apostille. Please see also our country-specific requirements.
- Copy of the diploma of Bachelor's degree together with the Diploma Supplement. Copies must be certified by the institution awarding the degree or certified with an Apostille. Certified translations of documents into English are required if original documents are not in English or Estonian).
- Proof of English language proficiency (see below)
- Copy of the identification pages from their passport
- One passport-size photo, signed on the back
Please bear in mind that applicants for the international Master program are required to prove their English language proficiency by submitting one of the following forms:
- A recent* TOEFL Certificate: only internet-based test scores are accepted, with minimum score being 60. The result must be sent directly to the University by the Educational Testing Service. TOEFL designated institution code for the Estonian University of Life Sciences is 7708.
- Or a recent* IELTS Certificate: minimum score: 5.5;
- Or a recent* PTE (academic): minimum score: 51.
- Or a recent* First Certificate in English of the University of Cambridge;
- Or, in the case of previous studies in English, the diploma together with a transcript of records, where the medium of instruction is specified.
*no more than five years old.
Paper copies of documents, incl the printed, dated and signed application form should be sent to the following address:
Estonian University of Life Sciences
Department of Academic Affairs
The university has the right to send candidates’ educational documents to the Estonian ENIC/NARIC Centre for evaluation. The function of candidates’ previous qualification(s) (formal access to further study) will be evaluated. For more information, please visit the Estonian ENIC/NARIC Centres’ homepage.
The procedure may take up to 30 days starting from the day that candidates’ paper documents arrive at the university. The evaluation decision is made available to the candidate in the online application system DreamApply. The decision will include a short explanation based on an analysis of the educational system of the country the diploma has been issued in. If not satisfied with the result of the evaluation, the candidate has the right to appeal the decision. In order to appeal the decision, the applicant shall send a written reasoned appeal along with additional documents to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. The appeal has to be submitted within 7 days starting from the date the decision was uploaded to DreamApply.
Deadline for online applications and posting the paper documents
April 11 non-EU students applying admission for a full-time Master program
May 31 for EU, UK, Georgian and Turkish students applying admission for a full-time Master program
July 15 belated documents of students who applied at the right time. Please notice that no new applications are accepted after deadlines above.
The final decision about admittance will be announced at the latest on:
non-EU countries – April 25, 2022
EU countries, UK, Georgia and Turkey – June 14, 2022
Applicants graduating in spring/summer and having their diplomas issued later than application deadline (in July, for example) should send their most recent official Transcript of Records by the indicated deadline, along with the rest of the required documents. Please inform our admission service when the diploma will be issued (at email@example.com). In case of additional questions or problems related to late documents, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of questions regarding application documents, please contact us at email@example.com
If you have questions regarding the portfolio: