On the 2nd of April 2018 EMÜ will launch the walking and cycling competition “Chase Kilometers!”
The aim of the competition is to draw attention to suitable and convenient non-car methods of moving on the campus and in the city of Tartu. In addition, we will identify who is the most dedicated mover / moving department in our university. For this we will monitor daily distances walked and cycled and will keep monthly standings of individual and departmental rankings in Endomondo.
With the campaign we also wish to draw attention to our awesome cyclists, to the fact that there are so many of us and that cycling is an excellent way to move around the town.
We invite our students and employees to enrol in the competition. Enrolling in the competition will take place here, on the green initiative’s homepage (see here).
Statute of the competition „Chase Kilometersl!“
- This statute describes the announcement, implementation and reward principles for the Estonian University of Life Sciences’ cycling and walking competition “Chase Kilometers!” (hereinafter ‘the competition’).
- The competition aims to promote cycling and walking on the EMÜ campus and in the city of Tartu, and to credit our cyclists and walkers.
- The competition is open to all EMÜ students and staff.
- The competition will be announced on the 2nd of April 2018 on the EMÜ green initiative homepage and through our social media channels.
- The competition will take place from the 2nd of April 2018 until the 31st of May 2018.
- The competition is based on honesty.
- Enrolling in the competition will take place on the green initiative’s homepage at www.emu.ee/en/chasekilometers
- The competition will consider valid only the number of kilometres cycled and/or walked for transportation purposes. Distances cycled and walked for sport or training will not count.
- Calculation of the number of kilometres covered will take place monthly. Calculation and ranking of the results will take place on-line, in the Endomondo environment, and the results will be published on the EMÜ green initiative homepage each month.
- Distances cycled and walked will be calculated both for individual and departmental rankings.
- The winner will be announced at a special event in June 2018. The best participants, for cycled and walked distances covered, and other noteworthy positions, will be presented with an award.
The competition is organised by the EMÜ green initiative and the Student Union.
ENROL TO THE COMPETITION